Thursday, July 4, 2013

About me


I began my career in running a bit late in life, at the relatively advanced age of 30.  Prior to that, I mostly sat on the couch each evening watching old sitcom reruns and eating Doritos and Cheez-its.  Making up for lost time, I started at the top, running a marathon although my previous longest running distance had been just 10 miles.  With the help of strong painkillers, I was able to limp through the next several weeks.  Buoyed by my initial success, I embarked on a decades-long odyssey of running, even winning some medals that were for more than just finishing.  In fact, sometimes I even placed 3rd or 4th in my age group in the, shall we say, smaller races.  A negative side effect that I have suffered due to my love for running is painfully severe and horrifyingly unpredictable toe cramps, which podiatrists have told me are exacerbated by my insistence upon wearing high heels.  However, it’s worth it, at least for now.  I like to listen to music while running, but am too embarrassed to tell anyone what is on my iPod.  Regarding my playlist, I will only claim that the most embarrassing artist there is Wang Chung, which sadly is not even close to being the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment