Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Anxiety

Anxiety.  It seems to be my middle name.  I get anxious about almost everything, including being anxious.  Right now I am anxious for a lot of reasons, but the top reason is that I am waiting for a package that hasn't arrived.  The tracker says that the package is on the truck for delivery today.  I even came home from work to wait for it.  This was a bit of a risk because a lot of people have been jumping ship at work lately and I think that my boss thinks I'm one of them and that I'm really at a job interview.  No-I told the truth, which is that I'm waiting for a package.  I've been waiting since this morning, and it's almost 6 p.m. now.  

I realize that almost everyone living in this and many countries have had the same exact thing happen to them, but it doesn't lessen my anxiety.  I can't stay home from work again tomorrow to wait for the package.  If it doesn't come today (which is looking increasingly unlikely) I have to hope that my husband will be home when the truck arrives tomorrow (if indeed it does come tomorrow).  If not, I will probably have to go to some location out in the middle of nowhere, where I'll wait in a long line only to be told that they don't have it at that location.  It's happened to me before.  I would have had the darn thing delivered at work in the first place, and I tried to, but the place I ordered from got weird about the "bill to" and "ship to" addresses being different. 

First world problems, I know.  I wonder how I would fare in the desert, or the jungle, or some other third world place?  I would probably still have anxiety!    

No comments:

Post a Comment