Saturday, September 28, 2013

Raining

It's raining.  I haven't run today, or in almost a week, which is upsetting to me.  I curse myself that I didn't get a run in this morning, since I knew that it might rain.  Hopefully I will be able to run tomorrow.

Rainy days always feel like I am trapped under a lily pad.  I feel clammy;  my skin feels extra oily and my hair falls flat.  There is always something about rainy weather that makes me feel lethargic.  I don't really like rainy days.  I think about my ancestral homeland, Ireland, where it rains a lot.  I know that in another circumstance I might have grown up there and wonder if I would feel differently about rainy days if I did.  I suppose that I would run in the rain because I would have to and would be used to it.  I might even love it.  Alas, Texas is warm and sunny most of the time, and that is the weather I like the best.  Some people don't like that weather.  My grandmother, who grew up in Ireland and lived in Texas much later in life, seemed to like the hot, sunny Texas weather.  I bet it's easier to get used to the hot sunny weather than a damp climate, but I don't know for sure.  

I will lift weights today, and will hopefully do an ab workout in a little while.  I hope that I can run tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment